Frequently Asked Questions
This cabin is our home away from home that we use 2-3 times per year. Our family loves to vacation in the Smokies and soak up all the the area has to offer. We are hard working people with real jobs just like you, we are not a large company. We ask that you take care of our cabin as if it were your own. This way we can ensure all future guests a great experience.
We will answer any questions you have and be as hands on or off as you would like.
Our cleaners are hard working people who are human. There is a chance they may have missed something. If they have, please reach out to us and we will try to remedy the situation.
1. Check in is anytime after 4:00pm on your arrival date and check out is anytime before 11:00am on your departure date. You will receive your unique door code the day before you are scheduled to arrive.
2. What items are provided? Our cleaners are hard working individuals that keep the cabin sparkling clean. The "cleaning fee" is paid to them. Along with making the cabin sparkle prior to every guest they provides soft high quality linens and towels, plenty of toilet paper and paper towels, dish soap, sponges, and dish washer detergent.
3. Is there a BBQ? Yes, there is a gas BBQ in the covered screen porch. It is connected to the gas line for the house.
4. What type of coffee maker is there? We have a drip coffee maker and a Keurig. BYO coffee/tea.
5. Does the cabin have WiFi? Yes, The General Store has free high speed wireless internet.
6. Does the cabin have cable? Yes, we have 3 flat screen televisions with 125 channels. One 50" TV in the living room and one in each bedroom. The television in the living room is a smart Roku TV. You can stream your own Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc...
7. How do I access the cabin? As your trip approaches I will reach out to you with a unique door code for you to use during your stay. I will also send the cabin address and information for the WiFi!
8. How are the bugs at the cabin? I pay a professional company to spray for bugs/mosquitoes year round. While this may not eliminate them 100% it makes it so you should see very few if any, during your visit.
9. When are the indoor fireplaces available? The indoor fireplaces are gas burning with real flames. The fireplace is generally available during the cooler months from October-March but varies every year based on the weather.
10. What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations with written notice with 30 days or more notice will receive 100% refund.
Cancellations with less than 30 days notice will receive NO refund
It is highly encouraged for you to purchase trip insurance to protect your investment.
- NO REFUNDS WITH LESS THAN 30 DAYS' NOTICE
11. Can I purchase Travel Insurance through your website? Yes, for about 7% of the trip cost you can purchase insurance. You can also purchase (CFAR) Cancel For Any Reason trip insurance for just under 10% of the cost of the trip. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended if you think your plans may change or if traveling during winter storm season. Per our cancellation policy, there are no refunds with 30 days or less notice. You will be given the opportunity to purchase optional travel insurance when booking if dates are more than 30 days in advance. You can find out more information by clicking this link:https://dzv514xd9amig.cloudfront.net/content/docs/RentalGuardian%20-%20Overview.pdf?v=0116da11ea74cfb3b939b87f3a2c5dc676da5f83